Dogs are allowed onto most beaches in the Bognor Regis area provided they are kept under control. Poop and scoop - Clean up after your Dog: Did you know that anyone who fails to scoop their dog's poop can be slapped with a £1000 fine under the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.
Exceptions during summer months
Due to the popularity of the beaches in Bognor Regis with tourists and residents enjoying the summer months, Arun District Council has adopted Bye-laws which ban dogs from the following stretches of beach from 1st May to 30th September each year.
Bognor Regis Beach
Dogs Are Not allowed on the Beach from Park Road to Gloucester Road during the summer months 1st May to 30th September.
Map of restricted areas Bognor Regis Beach
Map of restricted areas Felpham Beach
Dogs Are Not allowed on the the Beach from Canning Road to Felpham Sailing Club during the summer months 1st May to 30th September.
Dog Owners Code of Practice for the Beaches at Bognor
- Dogs must be kept on leads on promenades adjacent to these specified beach areas above.
- Please observe the bye-laws and when walking your dog, look out for signs showing where dogs are not allowed or must be kept on a lead.
- Contravention of the Bye-law is an offence and you could be liable to a fine of £500.
- Do not allow your dog to foul a beach or any adjacent area. If your dog does go ALWAYS remove the faeces otherwise you could face a £1000 fine.
- When your dog is off its lead always ensure it is under control. Respect the rights of others - some of whom may not like dogs. When beaches are crowded it is particularly important you keep your dog on a lead.